Important! Please Read!

Before exploring my blog, please remember this: If you came here to sincerely learn about Islam, please be open minded. Let go of any ill-feelings, ideas, thoughts, impressions, etc. that you may have against Islam or Muslims, due to the media or judging a "Muslim."

For better understanding of Islam and Muslims, I suggest reading the posts in order starting from August with the label Introduction to Islam (scroll down and look to the right for blog archive for proper order (from bottom to top)).

If you are interested in learning more about Islam and Muslims and would like additional materials/information, please leave a comment and I will try my best to help.


*Information that reads "Sisters" is for females ONLY. Likewise, anything reading "Brothers" is for males ONLY. Whether "sisters or brothers" is mentioned throughout my blog or on another site, please respect the rights of other people, both Muslims and non-Muslims.

**I do not intend to argue or debate with anyone, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. If something is personal, disrespectful, or offensive, keep it to yourself. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT! (this includes what you type) If you do not wish to learn about Islam or Muslims, but just want to start trouble, do it somewhere else, not here! (or better, don't start trouble at all) Haters are NOT welcome here!

Please leave comments or questions you may have regarding Islam or Muslims. I will get to them as soon as possible. Enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5 Short & Sweet Ways to Make Dua

As we all know, Ramadan is great time to spiritually recharge! It’s also a great time to make dua.

Every year for the past 3 years I’ve made a dua list. At the start of Ramadan I write down a list of 7 to 8 things that I would want the most and I memorize them. I make dua for each item on the list every day of Ramadan at the times that dua are accepted the most. I can personally tell you all that it does wonders. Honestly, things I’ve asked for which I had no clue how they’d come true… have come true.

It’s incredible. I look back and can’t believe I’ve gotten so many of things I asked so desperately for, Allah truly does not leave the hands of a believer empty when raised to Him. I get excited every year around this time because I get to make that wish list again.

I would highly recommend making a personal dua list of your own! As an incentive, our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Allah is angry with those who do not ask Him for anything” (Tirmidhi). Why make Him mad?

Some things to consider when writing your dua list:

1. Write it all down – Put down what you want to ask for on paper or on your phone so for the first few weeks you don’t miss a single item. It can be as long as you want!! It can be private and you don’t need to share it with others so feel free to only make a list of keywords to remind you of each item.
2. Ask anything & everything that is good – When choosing your items, imagine that Allah is asking you to ask Him for anything and everything you’ve ever wanted! Imagine the possibilities. Write down everything you want to ask Allah with no limitations (but keep it halal!). Remember folks, you’re asking Al Mujeeb – the One who responds and is the Supreme Answerer.
3. Organize – Try separating your duas into categories so you know that you’ve properly hit each one. I would recommend: dunya, akhirah, ibadah, the ummah, and relationships. For each category, think about what you would like the most and start listing them.
4. Make the dua when duas are most likely answered – These times include right before breaking the fast, during your salah, Qiyam ul layl, the last 10 nights, etc. I personally make mine right before breaking my fast during iftaar.
5. Remember the etiquettes of dua – There is a right and proper way to make dua. Remember that we must praise Allah first, ask for blessing on our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and then make our dua. Here is a list of 14 tips that you should learn:
http://dailyreminders.org/etiquette-of-making-dua-14-tips/

I pray you all have a meaningful and successful Ramadan full of barakah. May Allah preserve you all to reap the benefits of such a Holy month and bring you closer to Him. May He give you all strength, knowledge, patience and humility. Ameen!

Source:
http://productiveramadan.com/?p=411

No comments: