Important! Please Read!

Before exploring my blog, please remember this: If you came here to sincerely learn about Islam, please be open minded. Let go of any ill-feelings, ideas, thoughts, impressions, etc. that you may have against Islam or Muslims, due to the media or judging a "Muslim."

For better understanding of Islam and Muslims, I suggest reading the posts in order starting from August with the label Introduction to Islam (scroll down and look to the right for blog archive for proper order (from bottom to top)).

If you are interested in learning more about Islam and Muslims and would like additional materials/information, please leave a comment and I will try my best to help.


*Information that reads "Sisters" is for females ONLY. Likewise, anything reading "Brothers" is for males ONLY. Whether "sisters or brothers" is mentioned throughout my blog or on another site, please respect the rights of other people, both Muslims and non-Muslims.

**I do not intend to argue or debate with anyone, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. If something is personal, disrespectful, or offensive, keep it to yourself. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT! (this includes what you type) If you do not wish to learn about Islam or Muslims, but just want to start trouble, do it somewhere else, not here! (or better, don't start trouble at all) Haters are NOT welcome here!

Please leave comments or questions you may have regarding Islam or Muslims. I will get to them as soon as possible. Enjoy your time here!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Ramadan Goals and Advice

I thought I would share some of my goals for this coming Ramadan and some related sources. With Ramadan coming in about a week, now is a good time to plan what we would like to accomplish this Ramadan if we haven't done so already. By posting this, I think this is a good way to share ideas and motivate others via Internet to also make goals (doesn't have to be exactly the same) and stick to them!

So my two main goals for Ramadan 2012 involves Salah and the Quran. With regards to Salah, I want to:
1. understand what I am reciting (I'm not fluent in Arabic so I want to learn Arabic specifically used in the Quran)
2. concentrate and be humble in my prayers
3. make zikr after prayers
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=25
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=128
4. pray tahajjud daily *
5. pray 12 rak'ah of optional prayers daily *

My Quran goals are:
1. finish reading the Quran with English translation before Eid (I'm currently using Saheeh International)
http://allahsquran.com/read/verses.php?ch=8Tu
2. read Quran daily with English translation *
3. memorize new surahs from Juz Amma (30th chapter)
4. use Touched by an Angel workbook by Muhammad Alshareef
http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/Books/TafseerJuzAmmaWorkBook.pdf

Goals with an * after them I plan to keep track of using the ProductiveMuslim Habitator http://www.productivemuslim.com/the-productivemuslim-habitator/ These specific goals I want to continue even after Ramadan so I want to make them into good habits. Of course more can be added to the list ex. stop listening to music and wasting time on YouTube :)

InshAllah this gave you an idea of what can be done during and after Ramadan. Please let me know what you think by sharing your thoughts and ideas in the comments!

No comments: